Know which yoga asanas to do and which are not during periods
During periods, women suffer from abdominal pain to pain in many other parts of the body. Some women have more pain during periods, some have less. But in these days of menstruation, you can do some easy yoga postures, which will give relief in pain. These days, you should do asanas that do not have much effect on your stomach. Here we are going to tell you which yoga asanas should and should not be done during periods. It is necessary to do yoga asanas for proper blood flow during menstruation. Because the better the flow of bleeding, the less pain will be. All these asanas provide relief from menstrual pain.
If you are a fitness freak and want to know more about yoga poses, then you can join a 300 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Rishikesh.
Do these yoga asanas during menstruation:-
1. Shashank Asana
By doing Shashank asana, our hips, thighs, and our abdominal part get a good stretch and they get relaxed. It relaxes our abdominal muscles, due to which we get relief from pain during menstruation.
- Sit down with both your legs open in front.
- One by one, bend your knees and come into Vajrasana.
- You have to take care that you do not sit on your ankles.
- The left thumb of your foot will be on top of the right thumb.
- Make a gap between both your knees.
- Raise both hands towards the sky.
- Give good stretch to the whole body.
- While exhaling slowly, place the palms of both your hands on the ground between both knees.
- Keep spreading both hands forward.
- Take your body down between both knees.
- Take it as far as you can easily move your body downwards.
- Hold -5-10 seconds.
- Slowly come back while inhaling.
- Repeat this asana for the second time in which you hold 20-25 seconds.
By doing this asana, the muscles of our legs get relaxed. Pain in menstruation subsides. Puts strain on our thighs, due to which the flow of periods gets cured. Improves our blood flow.
- Bend both the legs and sit with a croak.
- Now remove both your knees one by one and turn the claws outwards and the heels will remain slightly inwards.
- Join both the palms together and greet with both hands.
- Support your knees with both the elbows and press backward.
- Keep the waist and neck straight.
- Hold -15 seconds and come back slowly.
For people who have a lot of pain in the stomach, it reduces that pain. It cures abdominal, back, and thigh pain.
- Lie down on your back.
- Bend both the knees and touch them to your chest.
- Grab your knees with both hands and support the knees.
- Hold in this posture for 15 seconds.
- Keep the body completely loose and come back slowly.
4. Baddakon asana
Baddhakon posture loosens and relaxes the pain in our lower belly or inner thighs, muscles of hips, and muscles of thighs, due to which there is a relief during periods.
- Sit down with the waist and neck straight.
- Connect both your toes together.
- Knees will be on the outside.
- Grab your toes with both hands and rest for some time.
- Come back slowly.
5. Ek pad Muktasana
Women have a gas problem during periods. Because during menstruation, heat is released from the eggs which are in the uterus, due to which gas is formed in the stomach. By doing this asana, the gas comes out, due to which our stomach gets relaxed. This posture also removes the problem of back pain during menstruation.
- Lie down on your back.
- Straighten both your legs.
- Both the legs will be connected to each other.
- Keep both the hands beside your body, after that take 5-6 long deep breaths and release.
- Relax the whole body.
- Slowly bend the knee of your straight leg and touch it to your stomach.
- Hold the knee of your right leg with both your hands.
- Hold in this posture for some time.
- Stay in this posture as long as you are feeling comfortable.
- Slowly straighten the leg and lie down comfortably. After some time repeat this asana with the other leg.
By doing Shavasana, all the muscles of our body get relaxed. The body becomes stress-free. Helps in reducing body aches. Relieves back pain during menstruation.
How to do:
- Lie down on the ground and leave your whole body loose.
- Keep both your hands away from the body.
- Make a comfortable gap in both your feet.
- Close your eyes slowly.
- Focus all your attention on your breathing.
- With each breath, keep your body looser.
- There should not be any kind of tension in the whole body.
- Try to narrow down your thoughts.
There should not be any kind of tension in these three parts of your waist, shoulders, and neck. If you are not able to focus, then by closing your eyes in the middle of your eyes, feel that the shape of Om is being formed.
Do not do these yoga asanas during periods
Doing any asana is putting a lot of pressure on your stomach. Do not do that posture at all. Especially those asanas which are retractable. Chakrasana, Vyagrasana, Dhanurasana, and Poorna Ustrasana are those asanas, due to which there is more pressure on the stomach, so they should not be done.
All the asanas mentioned in this article are very easy to do. These can be easily done at home. All these asanas reduce the pain during periods. So at the same time, attention has to be paid to those asanas which are not to be done.
—> You can submit your guest post article at Write for us